A new Covid-19 case in Rankin Inlet means the community is implementing a host of new restrictions immediately.
“We were advised by Dr. Patterson (Chief Public Health Officer) a short while ago of a confirmed case of Covid-19 in Rankin Inlet,” stated the hamlet in a news release.
The release went on to say Patterson would be publishing new restrictions Friday, Dec. 24.
- All public gatherings are prohibited;
- Restaurants must close and can be open for takeout only;
- All bars are closed;
- All gymnasiums and community halls are closed;
- All fitness centres are closed;
- Stores may operate as normal but social distancing must be followed at all times;
- Masks are mandatory;
Patterson is expected to provide a further update tomorrow.