A man, woman and teenaged boy were found deceased at a cabin five kilometres from Arviat on Sunday afternoon, according to the RCMP.

A subsequent investigation revealed nothing of a criminal nature. The police believe the family succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning due to a poorly-vented fuel-powered generator being placed close to the cabin’s entrance.

Autopsies have been ordered.

Join the Conversation


  1. Condolences to the family </3 There are no words of comfort

    I hope there is more of an effort with Nunavut Housing Corp and Mumilaaq Kakka regarding homelessness in Nunavut

    Should there be commenting allowed here? Please be respectful to the families that are affected

    1. What shouldn’t be allowed is people like you using death to push an agenda. Shame on you!

  2. My heartfelt sympathy to all family & friends……I was c o poisoned in the 60`s in churchill as the chimney froze over & 7 of us were in there for a night & all the next day. We need to look out for one another….God Bless

  3. my sincere condolences to the family members as my mom is close to the family but I don’t like seeing this kind of news without immediate family members approval they should be given time to grieve shame on the person responsible for posting this 🙁

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *